Here’s the problem with hiring a web designer.
Most people don’t know what questions to ask and whether or not they are comparing apples to apples, or apples to tomatoes. Because tomatoes are the most confusing fruit ever…RIGHT?!
- You need to know what they are building it in – WordPress, Shopify, Joomla, Wix, Squarespace?
- You need to know what the monthly and/or yearly costs are going to be.
- You need to know what information they are going to provide you with in the project handoff – do you get ALL the logins? Access to your domain? Your hosting?
- Do they provide maintenance? Or do they deliver and wave goodbye from a safe distance?
- Where will the site be hosted?
- What kind of steps do they take for google visibility?
- Do they explain their process?
It can seem overwhelming…but if you know the questions to ask you can go in knowing what’s what and make the most informed decision on what makes the most sense for your business.
Want a detailed checklist of questions? Here you go, and if you want to run these by me, I’m totally ready. ?