Do NOT rip me a new one for posting this.
I hate cyclists on the streets.
WHY? Because I have no freakin clue how to treat them! I took Drivers Ed a bazillion years ago and I grew up in the country. No one was riding their bikes in the city and if they were, they were on the side walks.
I get that it’s a GOOD thing that people are riding their bikes more. I get the impact that has on our environment.
But give us some education?
- Are cyclists to obey the same rules as a car?
- When they hug the right of the lane is that an invitation to pass them? Because when I do…two seconds later they are at the lights with me and I have to do it again.
- Do I have to switch lanes to pass?
- Are they allowed in any lane?
- Is there some sort of “keep up or get off” directive?
I will share. I’m kind of good at sharing. But I need to understand the rules. Until then, I’m annoyed.